As Christians, we celebrate Easter as the most important day of the year. We celebrate Jesus’ resurrection and new life for us all. Join us this Sunday for our worship & Sunday School.
Children are involved in decorating the cross with flowers as you see in this photo. Youth are involved in prayers. Special music (trumpet, percussion & choir, etc) & special interpretive dance… Invite your neighbours and friends, too!
March 31 Easter—please bring flowers to decorate the cross.
April 7 ( Sunday)Lenten offering Sunday. Lenten Calendar funds go this year to the Surplus People Project, South Africa (part of the United church’s Mission & Service Fund) which helps Small Scale famers. The small scale farmer program focuses on the eradication of rural poverty and improvement of rural livelihoods through access to land, water, and seeds.
We are so excited to have so many new families joining us since Christmas! Sunday School classes are full of life and teachers have been very busy! We have our own Facebook page too. please check FirstMet CYYAF.
LentenProject Every year we choose one project form United Church of Canada Mission Service Fun projects. This year, we chose as our Lenten Project: Surplus Peoples program in South Africa. Using the Lenten Calendar, which was made by Sunday School grades 3 and 4 class, we collect funds for the project. Copies of the calendar and collection boxes for your coins are available from the church office.
Lenten Booklet: Fascinating devotions from our congregation, written by ages 10 to 90yr.plus are available for daily reading.“ Love Your Enemies” by e-mail and printed-material distribution.$8.00 proceeds to send children to camp. Please contact the church office if you would like to participate.
- March 31 Easter Sunday– Celebration of Christ Risen
- Early morning/ Sunrise Service with Youth: 6:45 to 8:00 am,
- 11:00 am Easter Service. Children & Youth are involved. March 31
- Friday, April 5 Family Fun Potluck and gathering 5:45 to 8:30pm Jr. & Sr. Youth Groups, K to G3. Child care available for preschoolers
- Sunday, April 7 Lenten offering collected
- Friday, May 3 Family Fun Potluck and gathering 5:45 to 8:30pm Jr. & Sr. Youth Groups, K to G3. Child care available for preschoolers
- Sunday May 5 Sunday School–Labyrinth walk
- Sunday, May 12 Family Sunday (Mothers Day)
- Sunday, May 26 Great Parade rehearsal
- Sunday, June 2 ) Great Parade Sunday and Great Parade Party (Hot Dog luncheon). All children are involved.
- Friday, June 7 Family Fun Potluck and gathering 5:45 to 8:30pm Jr. & Sr. Youth Groups, K to G3, Child care available for preschoolers
- Sunday, June 9 Sunday School Class Party
- Sunday, June 16 Summer Sunday School
- June 28-30 Eleventh annual Congregational Family Camp at Camp Pringle Theme “ WATER”
Children, Youth, Young Adults and Families Ministry at First†Met
We believe that children and youth are part of the body of Christ – a community in which all members are valued and contribute to the whole.
We offer a wide range of youth-focused worship events, Sunday school classes, youth groups, and programs for children and parents, youth and young adults, including leadership development opportunities.
Youth Leaders 2012-2013
What’s Happening Right Now!
Sunday School Curriculum
Sunday School starts at the 11:00 a.m. worship service. Children and youth join with the full congregation at the beginning of the service. During the “Time for Young People” children and youth come forward for a special time. After this, they go to their own classroom with their teachers. We have classes for Nursery (ages birth to 2), Toddlers (2 to 4), Beginners (Kindergarten), Grades 1 and 2, Grades 3 and 4, Junior Youth (Grades 5 to 7), and Senior Youth (Grades 8 to 12). For full details on curriculum, click here.
Fun and Learning Events
First†Met offers a very wide range of events and activities for children, youth and families year round. For details and pictures, please click here.
Youth Focused Worship, details
Mother’s Morning Out
Our gatherings usually will be 1st & 3rd Friday morning 9:30 to 11:30am.
Children will be looked after by care givers at the Toddlers room for free play. Mothers will be at Nursery or other rooms involved in various programs or sometimes simply to share a conversation over coffee/tea. Further information
Sunday Mornings in sanctuary from 9:30 to 10:30 am
Our children’s choir offers youth aged 7 to 12 an opportunity to participate in the joy of singing. Led by Sarah Quartel. Full details
George Pringle Memorial Camp
Camp Pringle, in Shawnigan Lake, is a United Church camp within Victoria Presbytery which provides opportunities for children, youth, adults and families to experience a closer relationship to God, themselves, other people and the natural world in a Christian setting.